ORGANIC WHITE WINE VINEGAR
The natural fermentation and ageing of selected organic Italian grapes yields a white wine vinegar with a mild, fruity flavour, ideal for use in marinades, sauces and vinaigrettes. Unpasteurised, unfiltered and with no added sulfites, our vinegar is rich in live bacteria and contains the nutritious 'mother'.
Wine vinegar has a very old history in Italy where it has been prized since Roman times for its therapeutic properties and culinary uses.
SIZE: 500 ml
Organic white wine vinegar
Naturally occurring Sulphites
Celery, Gluten, Crustaceans, Eggs, Fish, Lupin, Dairy, Molluscs, Mustard, Peanuts, Sesame, Soy, Nuts
Low Energy, Fat Free, Sugars Free, Salt-Free
|Nutritional Information||100 ml||1 portion / 15 ml|
|Energy||21 kcal / 89 kJ||3 kcal / 13 kJ|
of which saturates
|0.0 g |
|0.0 g |
of which sugars *
|0.4 g |
|0.1 g |
|Fibre||0.0 g||0.0 g|
|Protein||0.0 g||0.0 g|
|Salt||0.02 g||0.0 g|
|Sodium||0.01 g||0.00 g|
*Contains naturally occurring sugars
Gluten-free, Paleo, Vegan, Vegetarian, Ketogenic, Organic
Fontana FORMIELLO organic red wine vinegar is made in Naples, in the south of Italy.
Use in salad dressing, sauces and vinaigrettes.
- Use vinegar to freshen wilted vegetables such as spinach or lettuce by soaking them in 2 cups of water and 1 tablespoon of vinegar.
- Use vinegar as a substitute for lemon juice; half measure of vinegar is equivalent to a full measure of lemon or lime juice.
- Use vinegar as a seasoning at the place of salt for foods such as potatoes or other vegetables.
- White wine vinegar, with its subtle sweetness and clarifying acidity, is ideal for pickling seasonal fruits and vegetables.
- Perfect to make both traditional hollandaise and béarnaise sauce.
- Make a vinaigrette by whisking 1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar with 2-3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, season with salt and black pepper to taste and add a teaspoon of dijon mustard, or finely chop one small shallot.
- Add a couple tablespoons of white wine vinegar to brighten up fresh side dishes like potato salads, coleslaw, and cucumber salads.
- Add to water or stock when braising something like chicken breasts.
Store closed in a cool dark place, away from heat source and direct sunlight. Any cloudiness or sediment does not affect the quality of the vinegar. This is a sign of our natural production method.
|Bottle||Clear Glass (70 GL)||Recyclable | Glass|
|Cap||Aluminium (41 AL)||Recyclable | Metal|
|Capsule||Polyvinyl chloride (3 PVC)||Recyclable | Plastic|
|Label||Paper (22 PAP)||Recyclable | Paper|
|Case||Cardboard (20 PAP)||Recyclable | Paper|
We are committed to minimising the amount of packaging used for our products, and are constantly exploring sustainable options, with zero plastic our ultimate goal. We measure the impact of our packaging using the three criteria below:
|Packaging to Product Weight Ratio||87.7%|
Our vinegars are packed in clear glass bottles and closed with aluminium caps. A plastic capsule is fitted on top of each closure to avoid any tempering of the product before the bottle is opened.